So, you want to know more about me?
Here’s a list of 8 random facts:
- I started this business to help working parents who dare to dream their own business to life. There’s a certain frenzy that comes with this territory. And I’ve got the solution: do the right due diligence + choose the potent moves = High Return on Effort. This is the kind of equation that happens when an award-winning marketer becomes a mindfulness teacher and life coach.
- Soon after I started my own business, my marriage began to disintegrate. I was separated 4 months later. So I know what it means to have to rebuild your life, to take an unexpected direction, or to deal with weighty circumstances. I know about the strength you have hidden in you.
- I dance while I do dishes. Every day of the week there are tunes blarin’ while my 3-year-old, 5-year-old, and I cut some tile in the kitchen after dinner.
- Coaching neurosurgeons is easier than coaching entrepreneurs. I used to teach neurosurgeons how to use new neurotechnology in live brain surgery and as delicate as that was, there’s much more depth required to coach entrepreneurs-to-be who are balancing a family, a job, and a dream.
- I quit the first degree I started – in English – because I just couldn’t hack it. I got a degree in commerce instead and it was 20 years before I finally wrangled the courage to really start writing (you’re looking at it – this blog).
- I believe that mindfulness has the power to positively transform every single part of your life. I first meditated when I lived in India in 2003. Got really into it and went to university to learn mindfulness, then started teaching. I’ve taught mindfulness to ex-convicts, artists, executives, engineers, stay-at-home moms, children, and all sorts in between.
- Amy Schumer is my fave. That picture she shared in Growing that her husband drew of her?! Omg, still dying!
- I’m always saying this: the antidote to overwhelm is choice. Want to learn the key choices that’ll help you overcome overwhelm? Get the ultimate cheat sheet when you sign up for my newsletter.